Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Breakthrough

Now that I've gotten myself back on track after the holidays, I'm happy to report that I've lost 1.6 pounds each of the last 2 weeks!  What a good feeling to get back to losing again!  That makes 36.6 pounds as of last year!


Since I started Weight Watchers last year, I've encouraged all of my friends and family that struggle with food to think about joining.  Mostly, I've done this selfishly because I want more people that I can talk to about WW.  Plus, I know that I've learned so much from this program and my health and general well-being has been so much improved that I want to share that with as many people as will listen.  This week, my heart skipped a beat, when two, not one, but two, of my friends told me that had or were joining Weight Watchers!  I can't wait to hear how their journeys begin and continue.  I know that the beginning can be so difficult after years of eating anything, but the thing that kept me going in those early days, was that I needed to make a change if I was going to make a change.  Weight wouldn't melt off if I didn't consciously improved my habits.  Knowing that, I also held tight to the idea that habits take 30 days to establish.  I've heard (don't know if it's true) that if you can start a routine and keep it up for at least a month then you've made it a habit, for good or bad!  This was the case for me.  Once I learned the program and really bought into it, about month in, I was able to move with more confidence in making decisions about my eating.  So friends, you know who you are, I encourage you to hold steadfast to your commitment to your health.  I am sure that you'll find the effort to be well worth it! 

Having said that, I am excited to report that I will be starting a 90-day fitness challenge at the gym around the corner from my house!  I don't know exactly what I've gotten myself into, but I'm thinking it's sort of a local Biggest Loser contest (without having to get voted off!).  I can't wait to start.  While I have improved my eating habits, I must admit that I haven't found the exercise routine quite as easy to establish!  I'm hoping that this challenge and being held accountable by a group of people will get me on the path I need to go!


So, as I aim toward new adventures, I wish my friends and family all the best in starting a journey of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment