Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1.6 X 3

I decided to change my weigh-in day this week.  I had been going on Wednesdays, but due to scheduling and general boredom with the Wednesday meeting, I thought I'd spice things up a little and move to a different meeting.  Tuesday's meeting was fine, but what I discovered, is that even though I didn't think so, I realized that I've made WW buddies at my Wednesday meeting.  Since I didn't have my usual suspects there, I felt like I was missing out on some of their insight into the program.  One of the ladies that goes to the Wednesday meeting just recently became a "lifetimer"after losing over 100 pounds and her suggestions for recipes (usually involving some usage of pumpkin) are really very helpful (and tasty).  It occurred to me as I sat through this new meeting just how important the support of the meetings is.  While I only see these people once a week, they become an important part of helping me get through the program.  And strangely enough, I was starting to have guilt thinking about them meeting tomorrow and me not being there!  Like I'm a traitor! 

So, what does this have to do with 1.6 X 3?  Well, this is the third week in a row that I've lost 1.6 pounds at my weekly weigh-ins.  I'm starting to wonder if the scales are messed up and only measure that amount when they sense my feet on them!  While I'm glad the scale is moving in the right direction after so many weeks over the holidays going the wrong way, I'm praying that next week I can get at least a 1.8 on the scale!  If I make it to 1.8 I will have reached 40 pounds lost!  That's like a medium-sized dog!  Can you imagine?  From today, if I lose 4 more pounds, I'll have reached 20% weight loss of my original weight!  I'm setting a goal to have those four pounds gone by February 1st.  Weight Watchers always stresses using short term goals to help reach ultimate weight loss success.  I plan to move forward with this two week plan of four pounds down!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment