Friday, March 4, 2011

No Excuses!

Okay, so I'm taking requests.  Today's topic is "no excuses". For a few weeks now, I've been asked to write about making excuses, or rather, not making excuses.  Well, I've stopped making excuses and now I'm writing about it!  Finally! 
As you've been reading, I've been doing this 90 day fitness challenge and haven't really been losing weight.  The first week or two I was blaming it on building muscle or retaining water.  As the weeks pass and the weight isn't coming off, I've been forced to reevaluate and think that maybe, just maybe, I'm not really putting in all the effort I should with my food choices.  The working out has been regular and strenuous, but I think my eating needs to change back to what I had been doing.  The excuses of water and muscle need to be forgotten.  Getting back to basics is what is called for.  The program is simple, you lose weight when you burn more calories than you take in.  I must not be burning what I'm putting in! 
This week was another sad weigh in.  I gained 2 pounds again this week!  I figured I hadn't lost, but I really hadn't expected to have gained 2 pounds.  What a disappointment!  I'm SOOO close to my 40 pounds down, that I can almost taste it (so to speak) and I just can't seem to get there!  I'm convinced though, that I'll get there.  I've refocused my meals and eating habits and I think this will be the week.  I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment